Thank you for choosing our office for your orthodontic needs. We are dedicated to providing optimal care for every patient and working with you to achieve that goal.
Orthodontic treatment is a long-term commitment between you, the patient and our office. To avoid any misunderstanding we ask that you take the time to read all of the material we provide for you. We know it is lengthy and time consuming, however, we want to make sure you understand what you responsibilities are as a patient. Please let us know if you have any questions. It will be our pleasure to help you.
Office Hours and Appointments
Office hours are from 7:30 to 6pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday(closed 5pm in July and August). Most orthodontic appointments will be during school hours. Orthodontic appointments will be scheduled 4 to 8 weeks apart. Missed appointments and canceling appointments on the same day results in prolonged treatment. It could take up to 6 weeks to re-schedule these missed appointments.
We try our best to stay on schedule, therefore it is important to be on time for your appointment. If you are late for an appointment, we may not be able to perform the scheduled adjustment that day and may have to re-schedule you for another day.
Most emergencies can wait until your next regular appointment. However, if you are in discomfort, please call our office. If we are not in, please call you family dentist.
After the braces are removed, regular follow-up retainer visits will be required.
Our fees are based on our clinical expertise, quality of care and materials. Please read any contracts carefully provided by the Business Team and do not sign anything you do not understand. We are open to tailoring a fee plan to meet your needs.
Dental insurance is a contract between your employer and a dental insurance company. The benefits that you will receive are based on the terms of the contract that was negotiated between your employer and the dental insurance company and not your dental office. Our office will provide and complete our own standard dental insurance forms (approved by the Canadian Dental Association) and will submit to your dental insurance company on your behalf.
PAYMENT: Presently we accept cash, cheques, debit card, Mastercard and Visa for payment of services. For the most part, active treatment contracts are monthly fees, not per visit charges. We recommend preauthorized credit card monthly payments for the duration of the contract. A payment schedule must be set up at the time of the initial placement of the braces, monthly, for the duration of the contract. We can offer a flexible payment plan, individualized for you.
The importance of maintaining regular recall and cleaning visits with your family dentist cannot be overemphasized.
- In order to keep records current, please advise us of any changes of address or health changes.
- Keeping tract of your appointments is your responsibility.
- In consideration of our other patients and our staff, we ask you reschedule your appointments if you have a fever, bacterial or viral infection (such as cold sores). Generally, if the patient is too ill to attend school, we prefer this appointment be re-scheduled for when the patient is feeling better.
- If at any time, you are in discomfort with your appliances or have any concerns, please do not hesitate to call us.
- An additional fee will be charged to replace lost or broken appliances.
- Orthodontic treatment usually takes 2 years to complete. If treatment enters into a fourth year, as a result of lack of cooperation, there will be an extra fee per visit.